Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Running in Paris

The Full Iceland Update is now done and is the post below this one. Thanks for your patience....back to Paris...

So I went for a run the other day here in Paris....

I started down my street,



past the Paris Opera House (read: where the Phantom lives).



I continued down until I saw some red tape blocking cars from proceeding.


And then...




I waited for almost two hours....



for this ....












Ok, not my picture, but I was standing on a street post (one to stop cars from driving on the sidewalk) out of the top left of this picture. That's right. I watched the end of the Tour. I missed the start of the Tour in London by about 3 hours, so I made it to the end. Pretty cool run (with almost two hours of standing in one spot so I wouldn't lose my post).

This was my view from the post (the next day as my camera died on the way to the Tour) - imagine about 30 000 more people and a bunch of cyclists.


My other Paris runs so far have taken me here...


The view from behind Notre Dame. It is no St. Paul's Cathedral, but...

and here...

The Arc de Triomphe (it is REALLY big)


and to watch this...






I think Matty Rose is in town as well.


But I don't know if I will be able to go and see him. If not - go fast!

Lastly, Paris has a turned the side of the Seine into a beach - they call it Paris Plage. It is pretty incredible, and rather busy...

(not for those who get motion sickness)





Paris has been great so far. Some tours and a ferris wheel ride last night at a Carnival just outside the Louvre.


We actually went INSIDE the Louvre today. Pretty incredible stuff, but if I see one more painting of the Lord Jesus Christ I might cry. I mean, he is important and all, but EVERYONE wanted to paint him.

Tomorrow, some more museums and maybe a run. I was thinking of purchasing some new shoes, but my Glycerin 5's are about $200 CDN. A little steep, so I will just be aware of the pain in my heel (I am wavering between plantar fasciitis or a slight bone bruise from continually having to jump down from my post while waiting for the tour - regardless, no more flip flops for me).

1 comment:

Billy Jack said...

Okay, so I may be a little jealous.

Good on you Brad.

Al