Saturday, September 15, 2007

5 Peaks at Buntzen Lake


I raced in the half-marathon category at the 5Peaks Trail Race at Buntzen Lake this morning. This is what it looked like. The red line is my HR. The blue line is the elevation chart. Suffice it to say that there was a lot of hiking at the start. I ran with Mark Bates for a good amount of the race (Canadian Triathlon Legend - yes, capitalized), and while he ended up beating me for second place (2:15), I race a solid race for 3rd in 2:18, still 4 minutes under the previous course record. A very strong race by the winner, Mark Bennett (2:13). This was the last hard hard effort before Victoria in three weeks. There are more tempo runs on the plan, but no more race efforts.

Good luck to our friends in Beijing competing in the test race for triathlon for the Olympics and to Liam in his half marathon in Hawaii.

Off to watch Flight of the Conchords. If you haven't heard of it, thank me later. That means you, Tre. It is a pair of Kiwis in a band in New York and they are trying to make it there. The clip below is from the first episode (in every episode there are AMAZING original songs - just watch and see!)

1 comment:

Michael said...

Congratulations on your race, I've raced twice in that area and it's all good fun, hilly but good fun. Looking forward to seeing you this w/e ~ ciao!