Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Weather - 1, Brad - 0

OK.  I admit it.  I lost.

I mean, I wanted to.  Honest.  It was in my plan from the time I woke up.  

My first (good) workout post-Boston.  I hadn't decided on a tempo or a fartlek, but I was leaning toward the latter.  Some 1 on, 1 off type stuff.  Maybe a pyramid, or not.  It wasn't important what I did, but I was going to do it.  Especially since I have a half-marathon this weekend and I have been starting to feel good on my runs.  I wanted to tap into some of the speed that I haven't been using in the past few weeks.

But, alas, I am only a man.  Not made of metal, but of bone and spirit.  And it was my spirit that could not weather another rainy 10 degree day.  It was just too much.  I was tired from teaching and cleansing.  The Pittsburgh-Philadelphia playoff game was on and I wanted to nap.

So I watched and napped, warm and dry, conceding this day to the elements and the relentless Vancouver winter which is to break tomorrow as we head to 29 degrees this weekend.  

Maybe I will run in the morning.  

1 comment:

Michael said...

Even if Boston was far from what you’re capable of, make sure that you’re properly recovered (physically and mentally).

P.s. Wimp