Sunday, June 10, 2007

End of the Week(end)

Today was supposed to be a longer run for me. I had idealized doing a 2.5 hour and a 3 hour run this weekend in preparation for Iceland. Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the body, maybe it was the motivation, but it didn't quite work out. That is ok. I don't mind.

Friday was a solid 90 minutes.

Saturday I played in Thetis, running along Mackenzie Creek and Seaborn, climbing Stewart Mountain and generally getting completely soaked.

I ended up sleeping about 10 hours Saturday night, which knocked the wind out of my running sails as Sunday morning arrived. Three hours turned into 45 minutes along the waterfront, which was fine. I turned my ankle a little during the last five minutes of the Thetis run; today was feeling it out, making sure everything was in working condition.

I am going to try to have a larger week of volume this week before starting to tone it down leading into Iceland. Whistler is booked and ready to go, but if Adamo shows up I may be relegated to second place for a third consecutive year.

And a HUGE congratulations to Mr. Whitfield for winning a World Cup Triathlon in Vancouver today. A great win for a soon to be father. To Ms. Groves, a solid race. And well done to Mr. Tichelaar and, with the race of the day in my opinion, Mr. Jenkins - well done! Next week will be very interesting in Des Moines, with
$700 000 up for grabs along with Hummers for the Mens' and Womens' champ. I wonder if it is the Hybrid Hummer?

3 comments:

Colin said...

Race of the weekend eh!? BADASS

Unknown said...

I didn't know you knew how to read!

Damn.

Well done, sir. I was very excited while listening to the audio report. Good on ya!

Michael said...

You're back, I love it, keep it up Brad!