Friday, July 13, 2007

One more from Iceland

This is the first internet access we have had in Iceland. It is amazing here, but quite expensive, so we have come to a cool little cafe and bought toast for $8 so that we could use their free internet. I have picked up my race package. There are 137 racers, 99 men and 38 women. There are people from all over the world - UK, France, US, Canada, Argentina are the ones I remember from the entrant list. My runs have been good here and, as they say, it is all in the bank. As I mentioned in a previous post, I will likely wait until London to update the race. You can check for results at www.marathon.is but I would be surprised if they were up quickly. Rather than wake up at 3:30am with me, Sonja is going to go for a horseback adventure in the wilds of Iceland, so we should have some great pictures to show later.

And thank you to everyone for the well wishes. I will carry them with me when I am out there, avoiding falling through weak snow (seriously, that was one of the cautions on the board today; that and watch out for where the mudslide has hidden the trail).

No comments: