Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summertime

Terry at SFU


Terry in Victoria

and the living is easy.  

With the sun out and finally showing off its strength, I ran to Terry again.  This time, however, I left the road and followed the Trans-Canada Trail to the top of Burnaby Mountain.  It was a run which never felt good, but was neither slow nor bad.  I hit a rhythm pretty quickly and just held it for the duration of the 84 minute run.  I am definitely getting in some more hills, but with the Knee Knacker in less than two weeks, I am going to need every hill I can get.

Sonja and I are heading out for a couple days of camping at Golden Ears Provincial Park.  It is about an hour from here, but it is in the middle of the mountains (how cool is that?).  I am excited to run some of the trails there as it is a regular venue for the 5 Peaks Trail Race Series.  In preparation I  have some printed off some maps and will have my trusty Garmin 405 compass in case I get lost.  







Post a Comment