Thursday, August 09, 2007

Barcelona and some shameless plugs





Firstly, everyone should go to 215north.com and 7systems.ca Two very incredible endeavours being launched by my good friends. Trust me, both are worth it.




Running more consistently now. Heel is still hurting a little, but I am managing it fine. It is much shorter to Oct 7th than it seems right now.





I went for a jog around Barcelona today. I ran up a hill. It is a huge park with roads and gondolas heading up its slopes.




It is an incredible view from up there. But what do you think lies beneath this view.








YES! One of the most beautiful pools I have ever seen. It is their "Municipal" Pool.





Continuing my run around the park, I happened across this....






Yes, the Olympic Flame (which was not burning). For those that saw the lighting of the flame in 92, it is even more impressive to see how that guy hit that from so far away (he shot an arrow).










And the chance to see the olympic stadium was very inspiring.







But there is not only the one Municipal Pool in this park, but they also have the OLYMPIC POOL. Man, for all the trials of hosting the Olympics, they do leave behind some amazing facilities.



I am now stoked to keep running. Just being around the place where so many incredible people ran is amazing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, the swimming pool is a really great!!
I first really learned about Barcelona during the '92 Olympics, so it was natural to visit the stadium, and walk around Montjuic too. You're able to walk right into the stadium. The soccer club was just starting practice when I was there. Good thing too-an empty stadium can be a little boring! The one view I really wanted to find was from the diving arena-the city view was so great on TV during the games. I found it by accident, but the arena wasn't open. Even behind the gates, it was a good view.

Unknown said...

That would have been amazing to be on the track. I am not sure if it was the wrong time of year or if it was the construction, but our access to the inside of the stadium was restricted to one little area of the stands.

And wow, it must have been awesome to be there during the Olympics - although I can imagine the traffic would have been crazy!