Friday, August 03, 2007

Well...it's done.

No. Not my running career.

I couldn't believe it, but with only 30 pages left, I couldn't go on. I fell asleep last night just when Harry.....

But I woke up this morning and finished it. All 607 pages of "children's" fiction are now read. Finally. It is good. And satisfying. But I will say no more.

Today, running started to feel good again. I am little concerned about my right heel, but it seems to be doing alright (read: not getting worse). About 50 minutes booting around Paris trying to get a little lost. I ran by the main train station and then down to the River Seine. Ran along the riverside walk for a while before finding my way into a long tunnel leading to the street. It was about 2km long and the darkness and solitary nature contrasted the bright and bustling streets I had just be cruising along. I was listening to a podcast about marathoning and I definitely had a moment of quiet reflection; my footfalls pacing the story of a person's struggle through a marathon. I felt like a runner again.

If you are interested in more pictures from the trip, you can follow this link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Victoria,

Glad to hear your heel is holding its own - I hope it continues to "not get worse" for you. It can be tough to find medical help (or physio) when you are dealing with a language barrier. (Remind us to tell you that story some time...)

Equally glad to hear you finished HP. We read it as a family, but I read ahead (and got into trouble for it!) as I just couldn't resist. Well done, wasn't it? Liam is in a state, as he has realized it is the end of an era in the Flello household. (We will keep re-reading it, I am sure, but it will be different...)

Have a wonderful "rest of the tour" and say hi to Sonya. Hope to see you before too long.

Karen, David and the boys