Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ten Minutes

After finishing my workout from Craig Ballantyne at Turbulence Training at the gym this morning, I wandered over to the treadmill to see how things felt today.

I started conservatively, but slowly turned up the speed, topping out at 8 min/mile this time. My running felt relatively smooth and fluid, surprising for the amount of time that I have not been actually running. I think that the combination of the strength training and the swimming have been quite beneficial, but having said that, it is only 10 minutes on a treadmill. The real test will come when I get back outside and back with VFAC.

Last night Sonja and I rode our bikes at Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve, enjoying the fleeting summer evenings. Tomorrow is a quick trip to the Island to see off some good friends and welcome another back.


Post a Comment