Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Shame

I was doing my daily perusal of blogs when I noticed that Liam has a new blog list on his blog.  The sidebar actually indicates when the listed blog was last updated.  I appreciate that Liam has my blog on his list, but when I saw that I last updated my blog four days ago, I felt shame.  Shame lead to action and thus this update.

The recovery from the race has gone well.  It was only an 8k race, so it isn't like a marathon in terms of recovery, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how good my foot felt in the days following the race.  There has been no pain in the foot at all and if I was not being "good" about not running on back-to-back days, I feel as though I could have run on the Sunday.  

Tuesday was a gym day and I got to start a new Turbulence Training workout, having finished my first four week program last Thursday.  The new one looks to be fun, with lots of chin-ups and barbell lifting - definitely no machines.  As I mentioned in the last post, I am noticing a difference in my core strength and leg strength during my running, so I am excited to move onto a new program and continue to see the benefits.

I have also signed up for another Cross-Country race this weekend.  However, before that, I have my return to VFAC tomorrow evening.  I am excited to be back with the crew, but I am in for a rude awakening during the workout.  I will have a good time and I am definitely aware that it will take some time for the fitness to come back.  Paul Krochak made an insightful comment about that on Saturday, mentioning that it is actually pretty inspiring when coming back because you get to see yourself improving on a weekly basis.  As Mr. Miyagi would have said, "Patience young grasshopper."  

Time to wax on, wax off.


No comments: