Monday, March 19, 2007

Ahh...March in Ontario....

Yesterday's run was pleasant enough. I got a quick haircut and made my way down to the waterfront trail in Hamilton, an easy 55 minute jaunt. It was clear and a little cool, but nothing extraordinary. Checked out Mac's new athletic facility and wondered how I had survived four years there without it.

But today....

SNOW! Man, what a place. I am in London today and it snowed like nobody's business. Needless to say that I was not motivated to get out into the white stuff, thus giving myself a day off.

I was VERY happy to see that both Hicham and Mike had great races at the Comox Valley Half Marathon. Running 1:14:59 and 1:15:29, respectively, I am quite impressed (not to mention that both just crushed my PR for a half marathon). Now, you have to understand, that this is not out of some selfless pride that I write that I am pleased - no, not at all. I write this because these are two of my training partners and if they are running this well, well, that bodes well for me this weekend in my race. At least I hope so...

Seriously, and Rumon as well, congrats on a great day.

I am off to the races (of the horse variety).

Sunday
Duration - 55:32

Monday
Off

3 comments:

rumon said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Brad! No question, Michael was impressive out there yesterday, but there's no question a 1:14/15 would have been your also if you were there. Soon enough.

Anonymous said...

Ah, but yes young Pheidippides, you are carrying the ancient Greek god curse of "carrytheweatherwithyou". First noticed in anti-La La Land 03/17 am after your incredible accomplishment of lowering AC's profit by 10% and stock by 8% with one single trip to the Maple Leaf Lounge (source: ROB, 03/18 CTV). Snow, ice, rain & rain & rain, ice, sun, more ice, rain and finally snow, all in 3-1/2 days. Mythology has it that the curse can be exorcised only by setting a PR in a run around a bay near a metropolis known as Hamilton, land of red skies, known to be the correct place by seeing the centre of the universe in the distance marked by a tall spear pointing to the sky. Only then will Miltiades grand freedom.

As told by "Just older than young" Diomedes
aka B's D

(Aside: must phone Gates about that new Mac peripheral called "Athletic Facility".)

Michael said...

A quick haircut? Thanks man, like Carter said, you would've been with us... good luck this weekend!