Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Night Shadows

An 11k tempo run was on the schedule for this evening.

I hurried home from school in order to maximize the light as I was heading back to Lynn Valley, the site of my long run on Sunday. Mike and Gray had shown me a road which was marked every kilometer for 10k. It also happened to be beautifully paved and was not open to vehicles. This road also ran through a conservation area forest, surrounded by trees on either side, with bridges spanning fast flowing creeks and small rivers. Imagine your perfect road, rolling hills, no cars or lights, kilometers marked, still cool air and the moon shining bright enough that the breaks in the trees look bright.

Tonight was a pretty surreal run. I may even look forward to tempo runs...

1 comment:

Billy Jack said...

So Brad, Lydiard or daniels? Any decision yet?

Al