Monday, January 21, 2008

I don't know about plumbing....

And I don't know about cars.  In the words of the immortal Mitch Hedberg...

I don't know how to fix a car.  If the car breaks down, and the gas tank does not say "E", I'm screwed.  But if the gas tank says "E", I get all cocky - I've got this one, don't worry."  So I get out the toolbox, AKA wallet.

On the drive home from Sun Peaks we must have taken a rock to the radiator because I froze my butt off driving to work this morning with no heat coming through the fan and the temperature gauge on the panel reaching the boiling point.  I took the car to the dealership on the way home and they showed me where the antifreeze was pooling in the radiator.  They quoted me $650 and quietly suggested I might find a cheaper price at an after-market garage.  I did.  But until Friday, it is fill it up with antifreeze (I know...50/50) each time I start it up.

The run tonight was correspondingly frustrating.  I wasn't bad per se, but with the frustration of the teaching day and the car day and the Mon Day, it just wasn't awesome.  But it was an 1:07 of base with 310 meters of elevation gain as I ran 2/3 of the way up Burnaby Mountain.  If nothing else it is in the bank.  Tomorrow is tempo time and then Sonja and I are going to Lumiere for Dine Out Vancouver.  Apparently, it is one of the best restaurants in Vancouver (meals can reach $200....per person), but for us, it is $35 each for the fixed price menu.  I love a good deal on a meal*!

*(sorry, but I had to do it.)



4 comments:

Michael said...

Try MD:)

Unknown said...

I miss Mount Doug. It is beautiful, but I am getting used to 25 minute climbs over here. I am going to have to get used to longer ones for the Knee Knacker.

Michael said...

I was actually referring to McDonalds, but yes, I love Mount Doug too. And yes again, longer hills for Knee Knacker.

I took a beating on the down hills, you might want to give that some attention. And if you suffer from cramping in a normal marathon, you should spend a LOT of time figuring a solid game plan for KK; I spent 10’-15’ (if not more) walking with leg cramps.

Billy Jack said...

Lumiere, nice taste in restaurants my man.

Best,
Al (do you ever miss the old days at FRV?)